custom header for blogspot

As you will see up top we now have a custom header. Not just a plain header text image, but also a second line with a menu and image rollovers. 

Very easy (and also very tough) to make: The tough part was getting things aligned properly and it basically just involves a lot of trial and error. Lots of going back and forth between photoshop, dreamweaver, blogspot and picasa to where I uploaded the blog title image which I kept tweaking to get right and then re-uploading. Still not completely there - but it will have to do, I guess.

I used a basic table*** inside dreamweaver to assemble this, from where I copy pasted the entire code (also including what was in the <head>) into a custom HTML/Javascript gadget. The gadget will automatically delete unneeded info as it saves, except for one line at the top - the document title, which you have to then go back and get rid of manually.

Something to remember when you do this is that you have to put all the images that you are using online first, and then embed the image URL's into the borrect table cells in the HTML editor. The menu is actually a direct copy paste from the HTML gadget which we had on the sidebar, into a table cell in dreamweaver, and the images which that one uses are also online, of course.

Dreamweaver, with it's split window is wonderful of course, and I have been looking around to see if there is a comparable software which is free. However, no such luck so far. The best that I have been able to find is called Page Breeze and you can download it from here >>>. You do have a visual interface on this, which helps, however no split window, I'm afraid.

And finally, you can see the full code of the header, where I am also highlighting a few important parameters which you need to pay attention to in order for everything to properly work, here >>>.

*** No lovely CSS <div>s for me. My skills do not go that far - not even close... ouch!

.................................................................................................................................