a new (cleaner) look for easy peasy

This blog is getting to be quite big now. We have lots of different material, from plain text, to code samples, to photo gallery and slideshow demos, to lots and lots of different types of images. And when we start thinking in terms of design functionality, such diverse and colorful content needs a much quieter, simpler container.

I had been wanting to do something with the "Simple" template ever since I started this blog since it has a really cool, minimalist interface. There were a few problems with it however, such as that the default line height is way too narrow, both in the post body and in the gadgets. And when I started this blog only a few weeks ago I had no clue as to how to fix that! This last month has been a hugely instructional time for me - and this comes with a huge big thank you to Selim, who has undertaken not only our student's education in "code", but also mine.

And - I am totally loving it as well. All this fiddling around with code values and hunting around for them has gotta be the best fun that I have had in front of a computer in quite some time!

So, first I saved the old template for all the bits and bobs that I had put in the header. Then I installed the "Simple" template, copy pasted whatever was needed from the old one onto here; fixed all the other stuff that I felt wasn't quite right with the new template (namely all the line heights), tweaked the old header image a bit, changed the background image - and hey presto - we now have a much cleaner looking blog!

.................................................................................................................................